- The 6th grade teachers will begin the year with students filling out reading interest surveys by hand. We want to know the interests of students in their own words.
- Students will take a test that will determine their individual Lexile score. This score reflects the student's reading comprehension level, so Mrs. South, the school media specialist and I can match the student with appropriate level text.
- The goal is to meet the students where their reading levels currently are, and grow their reading comprehension further over the school year.
- Based on their reading interest surveys I will preselect 3-5 books within their Lexile range from my classroom library or media center library. Students will spend time in class reading and they will choose one book from the preselected books to read at a time.
- Students will record the chosen book in their personal reading record sheet.
VIDEOS ON LEXILE