Thursday, July 11, 2013

Demonstrating "The Fruits of The Spirit" in the Classroom

 
Galations 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

As a Christian and a teacher I want to embody Christ in my classes everyday. This is not always an easy task as any middle school teacher will tell you. But, I believe it is our duty to bring our absolute best, because that is what Christ desires.

I love the fruits of the spirit, and I keep a special bowl on my desk to remind me to illustrate them everyday.

Love: I love each of my students because I know that they are Christ's children.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Joy: Always being thankful for each day in the classroom, and remember that I have been blessed with a wonderful opportunity.

Peace: That God's peace rests within me, and I am grateful for every day that I am breathing.

Forbearance: I can remain in control and be patient with all of my students. Slow to anger.

Kindness: I'll keep smiling no matter what!

Goodness: I can offer help wherever  and whenever needed whether it be to my students or fellow teachers.

Faithfulness: I will be faithful to the purpose of God's will in my life. To educate and mentor the students in my charge.

Gentleness and Self-control: No matter what has happened or how bad the day has been I will always show gentleness and self control to my students knowing that words can pierce a child's heart forever if used wrongly.

I believe that if used everyday, the fruits of the spirit have the ability to impact many young people in phenomenal ways. My prayer is that I will never let go of them.

No comments: