My middle grades students and I decided to write a book as a project for this unit. I'm so thrilled about it, and I think it will be really great.
My last class had a few extra minutes today, so we decided to brainstorm the outline of the book, and this is what we came up with...
The theme will be grit/perseverance. (The demonstration of stubborn courage, bravery, and tenacity).
The main sections/chapters of the book will include:
- overcoming death of a family member
- jail time of a parent/sibling
- rejections of friends
- breaking promises
- having each other's backs
- teacher and student relationships
- overcoming disabilities
- struggling with grades
- Striking out
- getting hurt, but getting up again
I think this could make for a great book, and we are all excited about it!