Thursday, July 11, 2013

Inspiring Educators For The First Year Teacher

Today, I would like to share a brief post dedicated to the educators that inspire me to be better. I love them all for different reasons, but they share one thing in common: a passion to make a difference in the lives of others.


As an ELA teacher, I don't believe it gets any better than Nancie Atwell. She is amazing, and puts her students at the heart of everything she does albeit curriculum, classroom management, or instruction style. Atwell makes the most of every minute in the classroom. She organizes her materials to perfection, and is ready for her students everyday. She raises the bar significantly for all ELA teachers. I read her book In The Middle this summer and I highly recommend it.
                                                             

                                         Watch these two clips of Nancie in action~
                                       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rYSfkq05Ew
                                             http://youtu.be/yHnwLXdte4M

Ron Clark creates an electric energy. I love that he gets kids moving around, and he's not afraid to make a little noise. His spirit is what motivates me the most, and I love reading back over his book, The Excellent 11: Qualities Teachers and Parents Use To Motivate, Inspire, and Educate Children. Also, love that he's a Carolina boy!
                                          
                                                            
  
 
 
 
Rafe Esquith is another great one. He's won multiple awards for his teaching, but no one would ever know it because he claims to just be doing his job. His website and talks inspire me to be better and push harder every day.



                                                     Check out his website at--                                                             
                                                 http://www.hobartshakespeareans.org/

The principal and teachers at HCMS are another set of inspiring educators to me. I wouldn't even know about the educators that I mentioned above if it wasn't for their mentoring. Heard County Middle School offers so much for the beginning teacher and I am so proud to be a part of the school. A special thanks to Mr. Mike Roberts, who always finds a way to inspire me to be better, and another to Ms. Kim Stallings who offers any support materials that I might need including Nancie Atwell's In The Middle!

Mr. Roberts has written a great book as well. It is another inspiring read for teachers who want to make a difference.

http://www.amazon.com/One-On-One-With-Americas-Inspiring-Teachers/dp/0615511856/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373746905&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=mike+roberts+inspiring+educators
                                               

           


No comments: