Thursday, June 27, 2013

Need Inspiration? These Quotes and Clips Keep Me Going Strong!

We all need a little bit of inspiration. For the last week I've been working on a grant and with any large project the devil is in the details, which can be exhausting, especially when you are unsure if it will all pay off in the end. But worrying about the payoff should not and cannot be the motivation for excellence. Motivation comes from the act itself, knowing that with everyday we, as teachers seeking excellence, gave it our all. That we tried our absolute best. That is all that really matters. As I tell my students, "do your best, and forget the rest." The trick though is that I always check myself, "Did I really do my best, could I have done better, and what would have made it better?" Those questions usually go a long way for me to ensure that I stay on track.

However, I will say that striving to be your best can also be tiring at times. Sometimes, I have days when I need a little push, inspiration to get fueled up again. 

The following are some quotes and video clips that help me to stay motivated. I hope that it may be helpful to other educators. We are here to help each other and keep each other going strong!


Aristotle
Confucius

Excellence is a better teacher than mediocrity. The lessons of the ordinary are everywhere. Truly profound and original insights are to be found only in studying the exemplary.

Nick Vujicic- A man born with no arms or limbs, but he loves life. He has a passionate ministry and always sees brightness ahead. I always feel better after watching his videos.


I love watching this video on Will Smith's success when I need a little extra push. I love that he wants his family and career to count!
 


"Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!" Who doesn't love Rudy! I have always loved this story. When I need to reclaim a dream I watch Rudy.


                               

           Within Our Walls: Teach Like a  Champion 

I don't know about you, but I want to teach like a champion! I can watch these teachers over and over again if i need a little lift! It's a great book, too! Check out the clip below.

                                                   http://youtu.be/d1Ohh47nrDI

"What will your verse be?" I love poetry, and I love the reminder that teaching Language Arts is about helping our students find their own voice and place in the world. This clip from Dead Poets Society reminds me of my purpose and passion as an ELA teacher.

I hope that this collection will help you as much as it helps me to remember that striving for excellence is tough, exacting, exhausting, frustrating, and much more, but the at the same time it is so immensely gratifying and worth all the pain, because more often than not great achievements happen from not settling. Just by taking it a little bit further, amazing things can happen.


 

No comments: