Friday, January 25, 2013

Blogging: Students Love It!

This week my students and I have continued to work on their writing. Overwhelming for all of us at times, progress is occurring.

Today, two of my classes created classroom blogs. We thought of a domain name and blog name. They shrieked with excitement, and could hardly contain themselves through the process. I didn't realize that they would have such a strong reaction to creating a blog!

I instructed them not to put their names or names of classmates in their writing for security purposes. They were fine with that, and got to work right away.

Totally engrossed....that is how I would describe it. The moans and groans from learning the writing process over the last two weeks quickly evaporated with the thought of posting their work online.

Wow! How exciting for me as their teacher. It allowed me to quickly glance through their writing, evaluate it, and compare it to other classes. A nice break from reading paper after paper of scratchy handwriting.

I am excited to see what else we can do with this in the coming weeks.



No comments: