Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Liz Murray: Author of "Breaking Night"/Focus for Achievement Study

 
“In the years ahead of me, I learned that the world is actually filled with people ready to tell you how likely something is, and what it means to be realistic. But what I have also learned is that no one, no one truly knows what is possible until they go and do it.”
Liz Murray, Breaking Night: A Memoir of Forgiveness, Survival, and My journey from Homeless to Harvard
 
 
 
Tomorrow, my students will focus on writer and motivational speaker, Liz Murray. She overcame unspeakable odds during her adolescent years to become a strong woman who took control of her destiny, always knowing that no one, no one truly knows what is possible until they go and do it!
 
We will read the following article, watch the various clips, and write about her 3 p's of passion, planning, and perseverance. My hope is that not only grow as readers and writers, but also envision how their futures can be just as bright!
 
 

 
SUCCESS
 
Your Personal Best: From Homeless to Harvard
 
 
Your Personal Best: From Homeless to Harvard
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments: